Do You Think That These Are The Best Solutions For Your Problem?

My Spouse And I Have Opposite Parenting Styles, And This Is Really Hurting Our Marriage

"Our marriage is in real trouble for a reason that I consider very serious. I do not like the way that my husband parents our children. He is way too strict. He insists that my children do chores, only leave the table if they ask to be excused, and refer to every one as ma'am or sir. I feel like my children are afraid to be themselves or are afraid to be silly and just have fun around my husband. They are completely different children when they are around me. I am not completely without discipline, but if their father is late from work, I don't see any harm in letting them eat dinner in front of the TV. It's OK to be silly and to act their age. I have tried to joke around about this around my husband to try to lighten the mood. It is to the point where I am considering separating for the sake of my children. Some of my friends say that I am overreaching but I am not so sure about that. I worry about the affect of his long term parenting on my children. His very rigid demands are just too much."

from Relationships:Marriage Articles from EzineArticles.com http://ift.tt/1oRhjUn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment