Do You Think That These Are The Best Solutions For Your Problem?

My Separated Husband Says I'm Smothering Him And I'm Not Sure How To Stop

"Last night, my husband told me something that I never ever expected him to say. He told me that I was smothering him. We have been separated for about three weeks - at his insistence. I just don't understand why a middle aged man should need space from his marriage unless he is planning to end the marriage or break his vows. And that is why I feel that I need to be in touch with him every day and know what he is doing. But when I try to do this, he tells me that I am "smothering" him. I believe his exact words were something like: 'I felt like I was being smothered at home and now I feel like I can't escape even now that I am here. You have got to stop smothering me. I have got to be my own person.' I just care about him and I think that I have the right to know what is going on with him and with my marriage. I don't think that our talking a couple of times per day is too much to ask. I don't call that 'smothering.'"

from Relationships:Marriage Articles from EzineArticles.com http://ift.tt/2dg1CRa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment