Do You Think That These Are The Best Solutions For Your Problem?

Should You Attempt To Show Your Spouse Affection During A Marital Separation?

"How do people handle the showing of affection during trial separations? I'm not sure of protocol. My husband was over visiting the kids this weekend and we were discussing a sad issue with my husband's extended family. My husband was upset and I went to hug him, with no ulterior motive whatsoever. I simply wanted to give him some comfort. I didn't really think about it beforehand. But when I did it, I felt my husband bristle. He literally stiffened at my touch. I pulled away and tried not to make a big deal of it. Later I talked about this with one of my friends and she suggested that perhaps I should not show physical affection to my husband while we are separated. She said that when you separated, you aren't necessarily loving on one another. Is this true? Should I not be showing affection to my husband right now? He wanted to separate. I did not, but none of this means that I don't love him anymore. If I shouldn't show him affection, I could stop. But I don't really want to. I feel like I've already lost so much. Do people really not show affection while separated?"

from Relationships:Marriage Articles from EzineArticles.com https://ift.tt/2Krw0gx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment